Terms of Sale
This section (together with any documents or links referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (“Products”) listed on our website www.hotmetalpress.co.uk, and other ordering web platform e.g. interactive price lists, quotes and order forms (“our site”) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Should you wish print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference, press Control + P.
- Information about us
Our site is a site operated by Hot Metal Press Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 7379978 and our registered office is 50 Hoyland Road Hoyland Common, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S74 0PB. Our VAT registration number is 998256060.
- Your Status
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You are at least 18 years old
- Material and information provided by you
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You warrant that any such material does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- We shall not be required to print any matter which in our sole and final opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous or inappropriate nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights of any third party, such conditions being extended to material of an extreme or political nature.
- We reserve the right to refuse to print any matter which in our opinion may be prejudicial or detrimental to the good of Hot Metal Press and/or its agents.
- We shall be indemnified by the customer in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of any libellous matter or any infringement of copyright, patent design or any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any material printed for the customer and or their agents. The indemnity shall extend to any amounts paid on legal advice in settlement of any claim.
- In addition to complying with our Acceptable Use Policy, you agree that all material uploaded by you onto our site will be done at your own risk. You must retain a copy of all material you upload. We expressly exclude all liability for any uploaded material which is lost or damaged during or after the uploading process.
- Failure to follow our site’s preparatory instructions for uploading your material may result in Products of poor quality. We accept no responsibility for poor quality Products in those circumstances. See our Artwork Guide for further guidance and advice.
- You must not upload any material that will breach any third party rights to such material unless you have the express consent of the third party. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party claiming that any material uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their rights.
- We have the right to remove any material uploaded by you or not to fulfil any order if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You will receive a full refund of any sums already paid for an order we do not fulfil, less any administration charge or any additional charges on a time and materials basis applied to cover such additional work already carried out.
- You agree only to provide someone else’s personal information if they have given you express consent to use it in respect of the Products you have ordered.
- We may establish policies and limits concerning our storage of material uploaded by you and the amount of any material that may be uploaded. We may delete your material stored by us which is inactive for an extended period of time without reference to you. We may change our policies and limits at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice to you. To the extent that we are permitted to do so by law, we may delete your material stored by us at any time.
- We reserve the right to reject any paper or other materials supplied or specified by you which we consider to be unsuitable. Additional costs incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by us in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials.
- We shall have no liability in respect of any work being of less than reasonably satisfactory quality as a result of defects in or the unsuitability of materials supplied or specified by you.
- We shall assume that quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage; if the quantities supplied are not sufficient to cover normal spoilage then we shall have no liability for any shortfall in quantity.
- The suitability of products for the purpose intended rests solely with the customer and we accept no responsibility for any losses howsoever caused.
- Unless negotiated and agreed in writing, the copyright of any artwork and anything else whatsoever prepared, developed or created by Hot Metal Press shall vest in and belong to us. We may use any artwork or printing produced by ourselves for the purposes of promoting ourselves.
- You must hold copyright yourselves on any artworks, logo’s, graphics or illustrations that you supply to us for the purpose of producing your work.
- Artwork Services and Proofs
- Prior to producing the Products, we offer the facility to produce an electronic proof of the Product for your approval. You are responsible for approving these proofs. You accept that once you have approved the proof, the Products cannot be changed nor cancelled. We shall have no liability to you for any errors in the proof subsequently discovered by you.
- Should you choose not to receive a proof, we shall have no liability to you for any errors in the Product subsequently discovered by you.
- Copy – Where any additional work of whatever nature is necessary as a result of copy supplied by a customer not being clear and/or legible, we shall be entitled to make additional charges on a time and materials basis to cover such additional work.
- Company imprint – Unless otherwise specifically requested in writing any work may carry the Hot Metal Press imprint which will be positioned at Hot Metal Press’s discretion.
- We reserve the right to retain printed copies of work provided for display and marketing purposes.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions.
- Production and Delivery
- Production shall be deemed to begin when the following conditions are met: payment has been made (unless on account), artwork has been uploaded and accepted and the order has been confirmed. If these events take place after 5pm on a production day (Mon-Fri, not including Bank Holidays), production will be deemed to begin on the next production day. Most orders take typically one production week (5 working days) though this may be quicker, or slower, depending on what is ordered and current workload. If it is to take longer than one production week, you will be informed.
- Where production is delayed due to exceptional circumstances, we will complete the work as soon as we reasonably can.
- The responsibility for collection and or delivery of Products lies with the customer. Any carriage arranged by Hot Metal Press is on the customer’s behalf and the printer is not liable for any delays arising out of that carriage.
- Where delivery is not possible as a result of us being provided with the incorrect delivery address details, our delivery service will return the Products to us. We reserve the right to make an additional delivery charge for re-dispatch of the Products to the correct delivery address.
- All products will be signed for upon delivery, if anyone other than the intended recipient signs for the product and the product is subsequently not delivered to the intended recipient, we will incur no liability provided that parcel was delivered to the address provided by the purchaser.
- Delivery to temporary addresses such as hotels, exhibition and conference centres etc. is entirely at the risk of the customer.
- Split delivery can be arranged on a order-by-order basis.
- You must notify us in writing within 7 days of any failure on our part to deliver the Products in order that we can investigate the failure and take appropriate action.
- You accept that colour variations are inherent within the printing process for files submitted. You also understand and accept that computer hardware set-ups are such that we cannot guarantee that the Product colours will match those displayed on your computer screen during the ordering process.
- Due to the nature of the printing process, we shall not be required to guarantee an exact match in colour or texture between the printed results and any proof or existing copy so supplied.
- Due to the ink tolerances involved in the four colour printing process, slight variance in finished printed colour is inevitable.
- Pantone spot colour matches cannot be produced using the full colour or digital process.
- Due to their potential size, we reserve the right to high frequency joint any size of PVC banners if required.
- Price & Payment
- All payment should be in GBP (£)
- The price of any Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- These prices do not include VAT and delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due as set out in the Basket section of the online ordering process. We reserve the right to charge the amount of any taxes, value added tax, duties or royalties etc. which are payable whether or not included on the estimate.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an Order Confirmation, except in cases of obvious error.
- All work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at the customer’s request shall be charged.
- We use WORLDPAY as our payment system provider, this ensures a totally secure shopping experience.
- Refunds & Returns Policy
- For all refunds or returns please email:email@example.com within 7 days quoting your full name, any reference numbers, contact number and reason for requesting a refund or return. The accounts department will deal with your query at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Our Right to Vary these Terms & Conditions
- We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time without notice.
Acceptable Use Policy
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website hotmetalpress.co.uk, and other ordering web platform e.g. interactive price lists, quotes and order forms (“our site”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
- Prohibited Uses
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- Suspension & Termination
- We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
Any changes we may make to our Acceptable Use Policy will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
At Hot Metal Press we take your security very seriously.
We have never and will not pass on your details to any other third party except for where a business need demands it, such as giving a courier your address so that we can get your work delivered to you!
We do not give customer details to advertising agencies, resellers, marketeers or cold callers. Ever.
All your data is stored securely.
Why we collect your data
The information we hold about you allows us to provide a service you requested.
We do not send unsolicited commercial emails (spam) and will never do so.
How we collect your data
Data is collected, or would have been collected when you or your company contacted us – all the data taken is/was necessary for us to supply you with the necessary information to comply with your request.
Sharing your data
We will only share your data with a third party when it is necessary to provide better services to you, an example of this is to give your details to a courier so that they can deliver products to you.
Please note that your information is only held with us for the purposes of providing a service to you. We treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
Your rights to be removed
We will remove your details from our database at your request should you wish it
Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.
Social Media Policy
We may from time to time use your work, photographs and examples of printed materials, to promote our business on social media – Facebook, Twitter etc. And also on this website.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without them knowing. Although this is generally quite harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of that website.
Your opinion matters to us
If you have any concerns or questions about this, get in touch and let us know.